Verizon telecom wires hanging low over our driveway
central_tx

We're in Hays County, Texas, and I believe the minimum height for telecom or power lines is 18 feet over a driveway. However, wires with a Verizon tag on them are hanging merely 13 feet above. Because of this, my wife will be attempting to lift them with a 2x4 board while someone drives a 13.5'-high tiny house trailer underneath.

I'm not a Verizon customer, which seems to make it nearly impossible to reach a Verizon representative. I've tried calling Verizon's regular number and couldn't get past the computer system. Even when I don't put any account or zip code info into the computer system, it says Frontier Communications is responsible in my area (but I didn't give any info about what my area is!) and hangs up on me. The live chat requires that I have an online account, which seems like it might require being a customer, since the first step in registration is to choose what type of account I have.

The process so far has been infuriating. Verizon should just have a direct number to a human for telecom line issues, which are a safety issue. How do I get in touch with a human to get this resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon telecom wires hanging low over our driveway
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi central_tx,

Frontier Communications acquired all broadband and wireline services from Verizon in California, Florida, and Texas in 2016. Verizon no longer provides Fios or landline telephone service in Texas. Please contact Frontier Communications for assistance with your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon telecom wires hanging low over our driveway
central_tx

That's very helpful. Thank you.

I'm still confused about how it decided I was in Texas. But now that's irrelevant. I'll reach out to Frontier. 🙂

0 Likes