Verizon Voice Mail & Uniden DCT648-4
brad442
My phone has an answering machine feature but I'm using Verizon's Voice Mail.  How do I get my phone, a Uniden 2.4 GHz DSS 4-Handset Phone System with Answering Machine - DCT648-4, to detect there is a message on the Verizon system.  (Basically have MY phone's message indicator light come on when there ia a message on Verizon's system)  Do I have to have something switched on @ Verizon?  Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Voice Mail & Uniden DCT648-4
jumpin683
Contributor - Level 1

Its a feature of the phone set itself. I have that on my new Panasonic cordless phone but not my previous phone.  All I did was replace the old cordless phone with the new one and it worked right away.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Voice Mail & Uniden DCT648-4
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@brad442 wrote:
@my phone has an answering machine feature but I'm using Verizon's Voice Mail.  How do I get my phone, a Uniden 2.4 GHz DSS 4-Handset Phone System with Answering Machine - DCT648-4, to detect there is a message on the Verizon system.  (Basically have MY phone's message indicator light come on when there ia a message on Verizon's system)  Do I have to have something switched on @ Verizon?  Thanks in advance.

Verizon has a feature that is free of charge that would need to be added to the account - Voicemail Visual Indicator. However, It sounds like the indicator you have is directly linked to the hardware that records messages as an answering machine. There are products on the market that include voicemail indicators that work with local exchange carrier services to notify you of a new voicemail.

If you are asking how to either switch your phone from detecting a new message on the answering machine to detecting a new message on the Verizon Voicemail Service or cooperate with both, then I would recommend contacting the manufacturer.

If I haven't addressed your concern, please provide more information. 

Thank you,
Harles
Quality Support Team South/West Area
Verizon Telecom

The information provided in this informal post is believed to be correct, but should not to be construed as a binding agreement. Verizon’s applicable tariffs, rates and terms will govern under all 

Message Edited by KaLin on 05-06-2009 07:22 AM
Message Edited by Jaime_Lee on 05-07-2009 08:39 AM
0 Likes