VERZION WILL CHARGE A SERVICE FEE FOR A TECH TO COME OUT, REGARDLESS ** UNFAIR PRATICE**!!
John_50

There been a lot of discussion about the following unfair practice :

We have a personnel FIOS bundled services - TV and Internet.  A month ago the TV service stopped working.  I called support after trying a few troubleshooting steps, they scheduled a tech to see what was going on.  A tech came and said that their digital (ONT) box I have, needed to be replaced.  The box is basically how verizon provides the TV and internet signal to its customer product.  After it was replaced, the TV started working.

Well; I saw a text for my bill today, and was surprised by an installment charge of $99.99 for fixing Verizon’s equipment.  I called customer service and were informed that they sent me an email which went into my spam stating that there would be a fee for the tech visit. I remember clearly being told that there would be no charge if only their equipment was the problem.  Becasue of my business, we called verizon a lot and is used to this policy. Unfortunately it seem that this is no longer the policy.

We are paying for the services, and rental of the cable boxes, but I wonder what reasonable person would knowingly sign up for a service that requires him or her to pay a rental fee and for repairs to the service provider’s own equipment when it fails!  If Verizon FIOS had to disclose this unfair practice up front, they would have no subscribers.   

I also deal with Verizon business and yes had a lot of issues with them including currently going through their executive complaint process for a phone setup, which turns out that their (Verizon) equipment that they force you to purchase for the installation, could not be used!

I will need to make everyone aware of this policy. There is a misrepresentation of "that there will be no fee for repairs to Verizon’s equipment".it is not happening by mistake. I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY VERZION EVERY SERVICE WITH VERIZON WILL HAVE A FEE!!!  Becasue, Verzion who we pay to get service from, have made an internal decision to outsource their onsite tech and HAVE pass the cost of using that outsource service directly to the costumer?          

I have been with FiOS for over five years with two personnelaccounts and manage serveral other business accounts, but we will seek other ISP immediately, since the older the Verizon equipment gets, the more likely we will need another service call.   Besides, we like to do business with companies that treat their customers with integrity.

0 Likes
Re: VERZION WILL CHARGE A SERVICE FEE FOR A TECH TO COME OUT, REGARDLESS ** UNFAIR PRATICE**!!
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I suppose they could be getting chaep, but I never had them (or now Frontier) charge for a service call where it was their problem.

0 Likes
Re: VERZION WILL CHARGE A SERVICE FEE FOR A TECH TO COME OUT, REGARDLESS ** UNFAIR PRATICE**!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi John_50,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes