Webpage
piwtrnr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received Emails stating that ftp will not be able to be used to upload data to personal website after August 21.  They give a link to go to but it tells you nothing.  I would think that if they can send an Email with a link it should tell you what is going on and how you are supposed upload your data.  How do these companies get so big and stupid?

Re: Webpage
Acutus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I looks as if Verizon is removing personal webspace and wants you to pay for that option. For some reason Verizon thinks the currently "free" personal space included with your subscription is a security threat, but it you pay extra for the personal space it is not a security threat. 

tns
Master - Level 2

@Acutus wrote:

I looks as if Verizon is removing personal webspace and wants you to pay for that option. For some reason Verizon thinks the currently "free" personal space included with your subscription is a security threat, but it you pay extra for the personal space it is not a security threat. 

Several other threads on this.

No they are not eliminating personal webspace.

But they are forcing their tool on us.  Those familiar with building websites consider their tool a joke.  So forcing it on us is a bad idea.

Claritas1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I paid for my ftp software so I wouldn't have to use the klugy and cumbersome Verizon method.   Let's hope they overhaul it OR ELSE.