Will anyone at Verizon listen?
PayingCustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Called Verizon a few weeks ago to inquire why I was getting two charges to my credit card for a phone and Internet bundle that I had. I was told that they would look into it and call me back in a few days. Never got a phone call.

Fast forward to this evening, I called Verizon to find out why this month I was charged almost three times what I should've paid. I spoke to the first CSR and she ended up hanging up on me.

I called back after being hold for over 20 minutes and spoke to a the 2nd CSR who was nice compared to the 1st CSR I spoke to. After about 10 minutes, he said he couldn't help me so I was transferred to the "Elite" team, he said they would be able to help me.

After another 20 minutes of hold music, I get the "elite" CSR. After explaining to her the entire situation she says there are two charges because I have phone and Internet service. I said I understand that I have phone and internet but I have it bundled. She said it's not bundled that's why I have two charges. I said to her that's my problem. She said Verizon no longer has that bundle and Verizon didn't have this bundle and that I must be confused. I said I know what I agreed to when I had the bundle setup. She asked me when did I have this bundle set up. I said I don't know a year...maybe two years ago? She said well things change and continued to implied that there was never such a bundle for the phone and Internet. I told her that if the bundle never existed then why was i only charge once a month for the bundle price until a few months ago. she said i have always been charge separately for phone and internet. I told her had all my credit cards statement in front me and in black and white was only charged once a month at my Bundle price. She said I was wrong. After awhile I just lost it and threw out a couple of F bombs, which I admit was not the right thing to do on my part. We continued to argue for while then I realized I was getting nowhere with her so I asked if there was someone I can file a complaint with. She said yes, you can file the complaint with me. I just laughed and asked for her manager/supervisor. She would not pass me to her manager until I asked for the 4th time for the manager.

She then put me on hold for another 15-20minutes then I was able to speak the "manager" (I have my suspicion that it wasn't a manager) and I ended up getting the same thing from this manager. I went through all charges on my credit card to show him that there was a bundle that I was paying for until recently. He said I never had a bundle and I was always charged for the phone and Internet separately. I told him I only had one charge on my credit each month from Verizon until recently. He said I must have paid the the separate phone charge online. I said nope, I would definitely remember logging on each month paying for a bill. He than said maybe it's been charging to a different credit card. I asked him how is that possible when Verizon on has one of my cards on file? I asked him to tell me what cards are being charged and he said he didn't have that information.

So round and round we went and I finally told him I felt like I was talking to a wall.

2.5 hr into this ordeal I told him I've had it with Verizon's "customer service" and I'm thinking about changing my service provider. He didn't seem to care so I will be making some phone calls to Verizon's competitors tomorrow. I asked him where can I file a complaint and he said to go on Verizon's website. So here I am.
Re: Will anyone at Verizon listen?
Iamthebeast
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, I spent at least 6 hours trying to get verizon wireless to correct my name they have wrong though I gave the Walmart clerk who assited to sale me the aka Walmart Family Mobile T.Moble account and set it up. It is sure they accept my bank payments in the name I claim but they told me at the 611 and  FamilyMoble they would not accept my name unless I return to the store and show them California identity which is what I did from the start. Then the service of land line I have, they have not corrected my name to proper legal name from over a year and at least 4 times I have called and complained and been assured it was now corrected, It is insane they can be in business with this absolute FAIL.

I

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Iamthebeast

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon. For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.verizonwireless.com/

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello PayingCustomer

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry we didn't get a chance to resolve your issue. Please make a new post if you ever need assistance.

-Jose_VZ

0 Likes
PayingCustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I gave you guys too many chances to resolve this matter already. None of your customers service reps would listen to what I had to tell them other than telling me I was wrong and I didn't know what I was talking about. The reps I had talked to didn't care about keeping me as a customer, why do I need to stay. My money is just as good at your competitors. In my opinion, it's actually a disadvantage for consumers to stay loyal to one company since there's so much competition out there to entice us to switch. My next phone call into Verizon for any kind of help is close out my account. I'm expecting whoever I talk to will make it as difficult of a process as possible.
AlienK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, PayingCustomer,

I have the same issue like yours. I just posted here today, titled "Verizon deceptive practice". I signed up for $34.99/month phone/internet bundle last september in my old address and verizon fulfilled its contract with me. When I moved to my new address this month, I signed up for the same bundle and same price online, and got a confirmation email. The same day when my service was installed, I checked with a verizon agent and learnt that my ordered bundle was no longer available and there was a charge for more than $50 per month for seperate phone and internet without my knowledge. Read my post, "Verizon deceptive practice" for the whole story. We should register a complain to BBB or get some media involved.

0 Likes
ThorntonE
Enthusiast - Level 2
I love getting the line that you can post your complaint on the verizon.com website, from a customer service agent. FYi, there is no visible place on the website to discuss a service complaint, nor is there actually a complaint number. That should tell you what you need to know about customer service...
0 Likes