Will FiOS drill holes and install wiring where I want them to?
Infinite93

Hey there, going to have FiOS install my TV and internet next week and had a quick question.

In my room, I currently have a setup with my TV and computer on the same desk. There is a portion of wall next to this that'd be perfect for them to install their wiring and run the lines into my computer and the HD Receiver they'll be installing, as it's an extremely short distance from there to where my computer and HD Receiver will be installed.

Is it possible to have them drill a hole and install the wiring in this spot if I ask them to? Is that kind of service included or would I have to pay extra for that, or...?

Let me know.

0 Likes
Re: Will FiOS drill holes and install wiring where I want them to?
prisaz
Legend

@Infinite93 wrote:

Hey there, going to have FiOS install my TV and internet next week and had a quick question.

In my room, I currently have a setup with my TV and computer on the same desk. There is a portion of wall next to this that'd be perfect for them to install their wiring and run the lines into my computer and the HD Receiver they'll be installing, as it's an extremely short distance from there to where my computer and HD Receiver will be installed.

Is it possible to have them drill a hole and install the wiring in this spot if I ask them to? Is that kind of service included or would I have to pay extra for that, or...?

Let me know.

May or may not fish walls.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/General%20Support/New%20To%20FiOS%20TV/QuestionsOne/...

0 Likes
Re: Will FiOS drill holes and install wiring where I want them to?
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, They should. I've had mine for almost a year an a half. When they first came to my house to install it. I didn't have pre-installed cable wiring in my house.  So I had to have it done and pay extra. $70 dollars extra to be exact, but you don't sound like you have that much wiring that needs to be set up. So It shouldn't cost you nearly that much. The Verizon guy that I had was real good, He ask me where I wanted it setup. He set it up. I even had a problem with a spot in my game room, Where he couldn't drill down in a certain spot in the floor. So I told him to pick another spot nearby in the floor. He drilled that no problem. It may also depend on the installer you get. Speak with him or her when they get there first about it. See if it's possible. Hope this helps

0 Likes