Will Verizon ever build an app for Roku?
newdaddy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that Verizon Fios is letting iPad, XBox, and Blu-Ray players stream some of their channels, I begin to wonder if they will ever build an app for Roku.  Of different video streaming devices, my favorite is Roku. If they've let XBox and Blu-Ray players stream channels, which can stream video on TV screen, there seems to no reason not to include Roku.

Re: Will Verizon ever build an app for Roku?
damorgman
Enthusiast - Level 1

They probably wont because they're worried about losing money on set top boxes, but I think this would lock in a lot more customers to their service, and it would drive up their channel plans as people will want access to the some of the premium channels, or even a more complete package so they have access to things like BBC America, Sprout, Etc. 

I know one of the main reason I subscribed to HBO is I can watch it with HBO GO almost anywhere.  If Verison had their own app availble for the Roku for premium channels I'd likely upgrade to a bigger package with more channels to get more value out of the Roku viewing in another room. 

0 Likes
Ratedque

Does anyone else have a Samsung Smart TV?  It seems that the FIOS App has deleted itself off of all of my tvs and is no longer available in the market place. Whats going on....

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ratedque wrote:

Does anyone else have a Samsung Smart TV?  It seems that the FIOS App has deleted itself off of all of my tvs and is no longer available in the market place. Whats going on....

Several threads on this.  First it stopped working after Samsung updated there Hub Software, and Verizon or Samsung decided to pull it for now.  People have been getting different answers on if it is being worked on.

0 Likes
docw2

what premium can I get on roku

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes