Wrongful termination of service
DT881

I call customer service to see what steps I needed to take to return the quantum router I no longer need because I’m using my own router. I get the information on what TCC store to take it to and was told everything was good to go with an email detailing everything that was discussed. They also discussed a 2 year price guarantee which I happily agreed too. 

I go and return my quantum router to the store and get a email not long after explaining the termination of services. When I talk to the store worker that handled my return, I was informed that by not having equipment on my account that it was terminated. I explained that I was using my own router and I didn’t want my account terminated. I said that it was a mistake and asked him if he could fix it. I show him my order number for the 2 year price guarantee and the removal of the equipment. He gets on the phone and he was talking for a few minutes before telling me that because I didn’t have any equipment on my account it was closed. I would have to call customer service to explain the situation but there was nothing he could do.

I call customer service but because I no longer have an account with Verizon I was only given so many options. I can’t get transferre between the different pins that were sent to my phone, email and not having the right option I finally get to the customer service option I needed. After waiting for 30 minutes I finally get to speak with someone to explain my situation. I get the normal greeting but can’t really hear the technician’s name due to him speaking low and the background noise so I ask can he say that again. He says yes, doesn’t repeat anything and proceeds to ask what he can help me with. 

I explain that I had returned my router and by doing so had my services mistakenly terminated. He asked for all the order numbers and apologized but told me there was nothing he could do because the store was the one that closed the account. He then informed me that the only thing they could do was help me restart new services. While trying to ask what else could be done I was getting cutoff and given attitude. When I asked if there was a regional office I could go to or someone I could call I was told as a compensation for the inconvenience if I decided to start new service I wouldn’t have to pay the early termination fee or the new service activation fee. I wasn’t going to get the same service but a lower speed 300/300 at $54. I couldn’t get my previous speeds 400/400 at the $84.99 because it was for existing customers only. I’m not offered any other option except the 300/300 and I’m being rushed to make a decision so they can process the order. I asked them if there is any other option at which point he puts me on another 5 minute hold. I am then told that he can offer me the gigabyte speed but needs to set up a date for installation. At this point I have been on the phone with them for over 2 1/2 hours, I am frustrated and just want my internet services back. Never all my years of being a Verizon customer have I felt like I have today. In the end I couldn’t get my previous service back. I was treated like a problem for doing something wrong when I only followed their instructions. Felt more like a burden for keeping the gentleman on the phone for hours trying to figure out how my significant other would continue doing their online job. And was being pressured to take a slower speed with a longer contract if I want my services back today. If there is a contact number or person at a regional office in Delaware I could go to or speak with I would appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Re: Wrongful termination of service
jonjones1
Legend

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search, they will get executive escalations to contact you.

contact your states attorney generals office and notify them of the service termination fees situation and how it was done to you.

between the offices you should be ok.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Wrongful termination of service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DT88,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes