Re: 6100G - - "G" owner's manual
WardC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Hubrisnxs, for taking the time to locate the LiteLine User Guide PDF (2004).  It appears to be essentially the same as the WireSpeed PDF (2003) I'd already found.

The Model 6100 described in these user guides appears to be an earlier version of the current Model 6100G.  For example, the chart on page 9 describes the Ethernet and USB connections.  But the 6100G has only Ethernet.

In addition, all of the examples of modem configuration show Westell screenshots, which are considerably different from the Verizon screens.  I expect they're functionally similar.  I'll admit I'm frustrated with having to translate.

In short, I'd like an up-to-date Model 6100G User Guide, which apparently does not exist.

Thanks, also, for the links to the Verizon articles.  Here again, they describe the 6100, not the 6100G.  For the first time, I see a picture of the 6100, which has 5 indicator LEDs, not the 3 on the 6100G.

-- Ward

Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have to admit, I found it very difficult just to find those pieces of information.,    I know that the CD should have the manual, so maybe try searching the directory's on the CD if you received one.  

0 Likes
BigdogTim7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting "Found New Hardware and no way to solve it.  I would like to know what the USB is for as well because once I set this "Modem", NOT ROUTER, up to my Wireless ROUTER, I will only use the patch cable connection.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BigdogTim7 wrote:

I would like to know what the USB is for as well because once I set this "Modem", NOT ROUTER, up to my Wireless ROUTER, I will only use the patch cable connection.

If you did not have your own Wireless router and your computer did not have an Ethernet Connection, you would use the USB Connection.

@BigdogTim7 wrote:

I keep getting "Found New Hardware and no way to solve it.

#1 While I understand as addressed in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/I-received-Westell-6100G-Modem-for-DSL...

you did not get a CD for this equipment.

With most USB equipment, you have to install the drivers before you install the equipment.

#2 If you have your computer connected to this equipment by USB and ethernet patch cable..

a) In Windows go to Start -> Control Panel.

b) As need be, click on Switch to Classic View

c) Go to System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

d) I believe listed under Other Devices, you will find the new hardware that your computer found. Right click on the hardware, and click remove.

e) disconnect the USB wire ( if you have not already done so ).

0 Likes