Actiontec GT784WNV modem Help please
freebird6473

I was told by a Verizon rep that Verizon does not offer support for the Actiontec GT784WNV modem however I see there are some questions about it here so I thought I would ask.

I just got a new PC. I am trying to set up my  Actiontec GT784WNV modem to it. I used the modem on my other PC and it worked fine. At the time when I purchased the modem I did call tech support and while I was told Verizon does not "support" the modem the man was nice and helped me anyway. I believe he said I did not connect using a PPPoe which is why I could not get it to work the first time. Well when I try that option now, nothing happens. 

I reset the modem after trying the DHCP and went with the PPPoe to see what would happen. I was asked for a username and password which I used admin and password. That did not connect either.

When checking the status it states Broadband is connected, however under ISP it just hangs on "connecting" I also checked out a page on Verizon website about  Actiontec GT784WNV and the troubleshooting was not really helpful.

Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes