Re: Another slow DSL network complaint.
yoduhh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok you all, i posted earlier now i was not getting the speed i paid for.  i did the verizon on line chat with support and got the issue resolved.  it took us quite a long time but it's FIXED now and i'm getting the 1.5 i'm supposed to instead of the .445.

try it.

0 Likes
dbeaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

What were the steps you had to do? I've done the online chat 3 times and I get the same exact result.

0 Likes
yoduhh1
Enthusiast - Level 2

they said my firm-ware for my modem needed updating, i've had dls and the same modem for over 5 years..  i don't know exactly what they did as they did the screen sharing, but it's corrected my slow speed problem.  one thing i DO know they did was change my frequency channel from 6 to 9, but i don't know if that's all they did.  they could have done something else too.

Mam1953
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion of using the online chat which I used.

I am paying for the same plan as you. Interestingly the service rep told me the maximum qualified speed in my area is only 768 kbps. and that I need to call billing and change my plan. 

That is odd since I ran a speedtest in January of this year and had .927Mbps download speeds.  So I am trying to find out what happened since then.....besides the double storms in the NE area last month. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes
shadmaster3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called yesterday and was on the phone quite awhile while they took control of my computer. I told them I pay for 1-3 MB and only get .8. They got it to 2.3 Mbps!!!  Only for an hour,then back to .8. Called again and got the runaround. No fix . SUCKS!

0 Likes
shadmaster3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did try it,always says not available at this time. Called and talked to a tech and did the screen sharing, and download speed went from .8 to 2.1 for an hour. then back to .8 again. Paying for 1-3 Mbps,can't watch videos,everything back to slooooow. I called again,got a bad tech who kept asking me if my modem had a filter! I told him 5 times NO,and then he recommends calling phone tech support.  Think I should be peed off? This has been ongoing for several weeks now. Does VERIZON ever read these posts,even to just get a laugh at us?

0 Likes