bandwidrh issues
cew176
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm looking for info as to why in the Altoona / State College PA area my service only performs at about 15% during peak times, and when this may be resolved.  Speed test at 6 am, 2.8 Mb/s and acceptable, while at 6 pm it's typically 0.5 Mb/s.  This is when we do a lot of work for school and it's becoming very frustrating.  It seems to have started within the last 6 months, and a new modem has made no difference.  Anyone else also affected?  Has anyone been given a good explanation?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: bandwidrh issues
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2
What you can do that's probably better than calling them is signing up for an account at DSL Reports.com and going on the Verizon Direct forum - you can post directly to tech staff who generally know more than the person you will get on the phone.

Tell them you are having peak time congestion issues and ask them if they can have your line moved to a different router in the CO.

View solution in original post

pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2
Sounds like congestion at your CO. Call and complain about congestion during peak times.
0 Likes
cew176
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can give that a go.  Oddly, I just got an email today that there are problems in the area, so someone may have beat me to it.  A guy at work said that same thing, he's on Verizonn DSL, and heard they're running out of capacity in the area.   ah well.  thanks for the input!

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2
What you can do that's probably better than calling them is signing up for an account at DSL Reports.com and going on the Verizon Direct forum - you can post directly to tech staff who generally know more than the person you will get on the phone.

Tell them you are having peak time congestion issues and ask them if they can have your line moved to a different router in the CO.
cew176
Enthusiast - Level 1

That sounds like something I should try.  thanks!!

They called and left a message that they believe they fixed the issue, but I'm not seeing any better results.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4265777124

I'll post back if/when they get this sorted out.

0 Likes
cew176
Enthusiast - Level 1

well their first attempt to fix it didn't fix it, so I posted at dsl reports and got help right away.  I mentioned about the router change and he said he didn't think that was possible, but a couple days later things were back to normal.  I don't know what they did to fix it, they never said, just that there were issues with the line.  still a bit sluggish at times, but certainly usable again.  thanks for your help!

0 Likes