Can't download game and browse web at same time
donnab

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.  For about a month now, I'm unable to download a game from Big Fish Games and browse the web at the same time.  I've contacted BFG, but so far their only suggestion was to upgrade from i.e. 6 to i.e. 7, & re-install their game manager, which I did.  I don't know if this is a problem with BFG or my internet connection (too slow?).

Occasionally, I seem to be unable to open 2 web pages at the same time, getting a no internet connection error...

I have Belkin router connecting a laptop.  The problem is happening on my desktop.  I'll be glad to provide any information needed.....please help!

0 Likes
Re: Can't download game and browse web at same time
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the model of that Belkin router?

#2 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?

0 Likes
donnab

Hi,

Thanks very much! 

Belkin Model F5D8236-4 v3

Modem is Westell F90-610015-06

I have Norton & Windows XP - I think they both might have firewalls?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

#1 If your copy of Norton has a software firewall in it enabled, disable the firewall in XP.

See as need be: portforward.com -> Other guides -> Firewall Guides -> Windows XP Firewall -> Default Method. Then se...

#2 Please post the modem status from your Westell 6100.

b) If you do not know what I mean by that, since I do not know how old or new your Westell 6100 is...

go to All DSLR (dslreports.com) FAQs » Verizon Online DSL FAQ » 4. Hardware » How do I use a router with the Westell 6100?

And please tell me if this router is using the white and blue Westell firmware or the red and black Verizon firmware.

#3 After logging in the Belkin F5D8236-4 v3, Go to Channel and SSID.

Does it have Wireless enabled?

#4 Go to Security

Is Any Security enabled?

0 Likes