Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Can't download game and browse web at same time

donnab
Contributor
Contributor

Can't download game and browse web at same time

Message 1 of 4
(5,102 Views)

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.  For about a month now, I'm unable to download a game from Big Fish Games and browse the web at the same time.  I've contacted BFG, but so far their only suggestion was to upgrade from i.e. 6 to i.e. 7, & re-install their game manager, which I did.  I don't know if this is a problem with BFG or my internet connection (too slow?).

Occasionally, I seem to be unable to open 2 web pages at the same time, getting a no internet connection error...

I have Belkin router connecting a laptop.  The problem is happening on my desktop.  I'll be glad to provide any information needed.....please help!

3 REPLIES 3
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can't download game and browse web at same time

Message 2 of 4
(5,085 Views)

#1 What is the model of that Belkin router?

#2 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

donnab
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(5,076 Views)

Hi,

Thanks very much! 

Belkin Model F5D8236-4 v3

Modem is Westell F90-610015-06

I have Norton & Windows XP - I think they both might have firewalls?

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(5,052 Views)

Ok.

#1 If your copy of Norton has a software firewall in it enabled, disable the firewall in XP.

See as need be: portforward.com -> Other guides -> Firewall Guides -> Windows XP Firewall -> Default Method. Then se...

#2 Please post the modem status from your Westell 6100.

b) If you do not know what I mean by that, since I do not know how old or new your Westell 6100 is...

go to All DSLR (dslreports.com) FAQs » Verizon Online DSL FAQ » 4. Hardware » How do I use a router with the Westell 6100?

And please tell me if this router is using the white and blue Westell firmware or the red and black Verizon firmware.

#3 After logging in the Belkin F5D8236-4 v3, Go to Channel and SSID.

Does it have Wireless enabled?

#4 Go to Security

Is Any Security enabled?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title