Cannot connect through my router
brndnrcktt

I have connected up my 6100G modem up to the computer and did the set up, but now when I try to hook up my Linksys WRT54G router it won't connect.  All the indications are that it is connected and pinging the internet but won't bring up a page.  I have tried all the network connection and internet settings and nothing works.  However it still works when connected straight up to the computer.  Do I need a special modem or setting or something?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect through my router
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

Go to the following and it will guide you through the process.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

When you get to the section about BRIDGE mod set to BRIDGE and not ROUTED BRIDGE.  The 6100 is a modem/router and you need to set the 6100 to a simple modem and allow the Linksys router to do the connecting.

You can also use the Verizon page and click on Support, Online Support, Internet, Home Networking, Connecting third party router, Westell 6100.

Going via the dslreports link should get you there faster.  Print out the instructions for reference.  I have the same configuration as you and used thos instructions.  Remember do not use ROUTED BRIDGE.

View solution in original post

Re: Cannot connect through my router
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

Go to the following and it will guide you through the process.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

When you get to the section about BRIDGE mod set to BRIDGE and not ROUTED BRIDGE.  The 6100 is a modem/router and you need to set the 6100 to a simple modem and allow the Linksys router to do the connecting.

You can also use the Verizon page and click on Support, Online Support, Internet, Home Networking, Connecting third party router, Westell 6100.

Going via the dslreports link should get you there faster.  Print out the instructions for reference.  I have the same configuration as you and used thos instructions.  Remember do not use ROUTED BRIDGE.