Cannot get speed problem resolved
RLW3

For the last 3 or 4 weeks I have been in conversations with Verizon trying to get them to give me the high speed internet I have been paying for, note that high speed is relative considering that it is DSL.

All of this started maybe two months ago with a DSL outage. At the time I was with a third party who supplied DSL services thru Verizon. After repeated calls and no change, I decided to change to Verizon, hoping it would put me one step closer to the source and, hopefully, better service. After a number of calls and a week’s worth of time, I was officially a Verizon customer with a 3mbps DSL service. Or so I thought.

I have made, conservatively, dozen or more calls to Verizon about the speed of my service. While unfailingly polite, and making multiple promises to call me back in 48 hours. My DSL service remains the same, and I have never been called back. I even went so far as to call every day for a week.

They have tested my lines (no issues), sent me a new modem (which they admitted was not the problem), and finally sent out a technician. He confirmed there are no problems here but he did discover that Verizon’s computer systems are not communicating with each other. While I have contracted and paid for a 3mbps service, the technical group has me listed at .768 mbps. And guess who will not change it?

The technician tried to get the problem corrected. Enlisted his boss as well.  That was 4 days ago. No one has contacted me, nor have my DSL speeds improved.

I will start again on Monday, calling every day until I can get this resolved. But it should not be this hard.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get speed problem resolved
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RLW,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes