connecting my netbook to my home wireless network
dshah

Help! I have a Verizon home wireless network (modem: Westell 327W) and cannot get my new netbook to connect to the network.  It has been able to detect the network, but doesn't connect.  I have run all the various Wizards and have tried entering the appropriate Network key, and nothing seems to work.  FYI, about a year and a half ago, I successfully set up a home wireless network, and for no reason, after a few a months, my laptop would no longer connect.  Back then, it also detected the network, but would never actually connect.  I have a desktop that the modem is primarily connected to.

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a novice, so I don't have the technical skills to do anymore troubleshooting than I've already tried.

Hope someone can help!
Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: connecting my netbook to my home wireless network
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps, you are detecting a neighbor's network?

Above is my educated guess.

-

#1 What OS and Version do you use? For example Windows XP.

#2 What Wireless Mananger do you use? For example, the one in XP.

Which looks like the screen (or screens) that you see over at

http://www.portforward.com/help/wirelessxp.htm

0 Likes
Re: connecting my netbook to my home wireless network
relaycharger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had basically the same problem x2 and solved it by going into windows and setting up a new connection. Then adding my network info. So I couldn't get connected  through the auto detect of the network by windows but did get it to connect by going in and setting up a new wireless connection.

0 Likes