Constant Outage
kbundy47
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK..so I have a DLink modem which I've had for a few months....a couple of months ago, my DSL completely went away after a Verizon tech was messing around the junction box for the entire block.  Took Verizon 4 days to get someone out here to fix it...

Now, I have issues where every single time it rains, my DSL goes out.  Tonight I rebooted, recycled power....maybe 8 times to get it back.

I am really, really tired of this.  I realize that what Verizon wants to sell is FIOS...but I don't want FIOS...I pay (more than I should, by the way) for a stable internet connection.  I do not have it. Period.  And no one at Verizon listens.

Why is that every time it rains, my DSL goes out?  Why does it take 5 or 6 or 7 reboots to get it back up?  This is ridiculous.  And, since I live in Florida where tropical rains are now almost a daily occurance, I foresee myself spending a great deal of time rebooting.

So, Verizon....if you are paying attention, here's the deal:  Every single time I have to reboot my modem, I am charging you $2.00.  This is fair.  It's YOUR problem, and since you are intent on making it my problem, then it's going to cost you.  My time is worth something.  Time spent rebooting and babying my internet connection back up is time wasted for me.  I am tired of doing your job.

So,  make it work...make it consistent (which, by the way is what I pay for), or pay me.

Perhaps if enough people start to sign on to this.......you'll wake up. 

Please remember, you are not the only cookie in the jar.

Re: Constant Outage
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Constant Outage
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

kbundy47,

Looks like your services are working. If you require further assistance, please create a new post. This case is now closed.

Thanks,

-Kimberly

0 Likes
Continued DSL Outages
kbundy47
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, Support has determined my internet is working....Wow.......amazing....yet I see tons of posts on here with exactly the same issue....

Bottom line here is that every single time it rains......anywhere from Tampa to Lakeland, my internet goes out.  I have to reboot the modem, sometimes numerous times......just to get my connection back.  Now, let's compare this to Earthlink DSL, which I had for 5 years before I moved to my current house.  In five years, I was forced to reboot their modem......twice......total.....that's 2 reboots in 60 months......as opposed to Verizon, 2 reboots a week.

So, what's the issue?  Besides, of course, the fact that Verizon wants to push everyone to FIOS....?? 

I threatened last time, and this time, it's going to happen.....3 reboots on the last billing cycle.....that's 3 at $2.00 a piece.....$6.00 off my bill......and 2 already in this billing cycle.......keep this up and you'll be paying me.

Find the answer......there must be SOMEONE around who can figure this out.

I am not paying to do your work for you.

As for the one answer posted that says I should keep this private??  Nope.  Not in a million years.......every Verizon customer needs to do the exact same thing....maybe then you'll pay attention.

0 Likes
Re: Continued DSL Outages
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try  17  disconnects.  That was yesterday  alone.   I am  frantically searching  for another internt  provider.  

0 Likes