Days of No Internet Service! Incomplete Installation!
Hannah011

On Friday, September 27, 2019, a Verizon technician came to my home to install Verizon FIOS internet. The technician physically installed the Optical Network Terminal and the Wireless Wi-Fi Router, but no internet service was available.

I was told by the technician who performed the installation that I would not be able to receive internet service at the time because of a downed utility pole nearby my home that had damages to the fiber optic cables due to a construction, but it would not take a long to fix, in fact, the technician specifically said it would only take between 2 days (48 hours) for Verizon to check the problem and about 30 minutes to repair or replace the damaged cables. I was assured by the technician that either themself or another technician would contact me within the time frame mentioned above when the problem is resolved. We agreed on the same phone contact information as that on my Verizon account and an appropriate time to call and revisit.

It has been 4 days (96 hours) to date and I still do not have internet service. I have contacted Verizon Support at least three times about this issue and it would seem as if this situation is not being treated as if it was important.

• The first Verizon support representative told me that Verizon engineering teams work on weekends and would resolve the issue.
  • The second Verizon support representative told me that I should wait 48 hours for a call back from the Verizon technician.
  • The third Verizon support representative told me what the second rep said, but went a bit further to find out what was going on. After many long holds and 35 minutes on the call, I was told that it could take up to 30 days to resolve this issue.

This is quite unacceptable customer service on Verizon's part. I am considering requesting a full refund and switching to a different service provider at this point if someone with authority at Verizon does not escalate this problem today, and provide solid information about what is happening and when the internet service will be restored.

0 Likes
Re: Days of No Internet Service! Incomplete Installation!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hannah01,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes