Disconnects every 2-3 hours
AeroV1
Been having this problem now for a few weeks after a period of nasty storms. Every 2 to 3 hours I get disconnected for about 30 seconds. Every day and night. It comes back up with no problem but it's been getting really annoying. The green light goes out and the one next to it slowly flashes and then it goes solid again and the light next to it comes back on. Using a Westell 327W. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: Disconnects every 2-3 hours
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Please post your modems stats.
0 Likes
AeroV1
How do I do that please. Sorry, don't know to much about those kind of things.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
After you log-in to this Westell 327W, and show the first screen that you see.

^^
0 Likes
AeroV1

Gateway Status  
GO!

Your Gateway is Ready for Internet Access     

Broadband Connection  

Internet Status:  Connected

DSL link:  Connected Speed (Down/Up):  3360 Kbits/sec by 864 Kbits/sec

Connection Type:  PPP   

IP Address:  68.238.88.35

took out the username for security reasons (not sure if I'm supposed to or not). Hope this is the right stuff.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The stats should be on this page. http://192.168.1.1/transtat.htm
0 Likes
AeroV1
I can't remember the username/password since it's been over a year since I've had a similar problem. Don't know what happened to the paper I wrote it down on either. I usually save those kind of things too. Is it ok to reset and use the factory default username/password?.
0 Likes
alex_lee
Enthusiast - Level 3
i think what telco guro wants to know is the status of the lights on ur modem whenver internet is down, try to take note of whch light is flashing / off when INTERNET is down
0 Likes
AeroV1
When I'm connected the DSL green light is solid and the internet light next to it slowly blinks every couple seconds. Now when I lose the internet, the internet light disappears and the DSL light slowly blinks. Things go back to normal after about 30 seconds to a minute.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You need the user name and password to get the modem stats. I'm trying to see how much noise the DSL is getting.
0 Likes