Do the "customer service" reps frustrate you beyond belief?
superfrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes or no?

What is the point of transfering a customer to 4 or 5 different representatives over one phone call, so that they have to explain and re-explain the SAME PROBLEM over and over again?

{please keep your posts courteous} 

{please keep your posts courteous}

If anyone can answer these questions for me, I'd appreciate it. Oh, and if you could also restore my internet service which Verizon shut off a week ago- when they were supposed to shut off my PHONE service- that would be nice too.

Re: Do the "customer service" reps frustrate you beyond belief?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Yes, sometimes.

#2 I do not know. This is rather shocking for a communication company, like Verion...

#3 / #4: They may be ignorant / not trained enough / low payed ?

cyclosity

I had a similar experience this morning.

I was on the phone for over 55 minutes and 5 transfers.

This issue? A tech needed to be scheduled to come on saturday.

By the final transfer, the call quality had degraded so much that the person I was transferred too had to call me back...

0 Likes
Forum428
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didnt have a chance.  No one answered

0 Likes
mmetz105

I keep getting bounced back a webpage when trying to communicate thru 'contact support email'.  Can't contact support thru 'chat' for the last 24hrs....frustrating... yes!!!!

As long as Verizon can't receive our complaints they must think everyone is Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
headusher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually all my communication with actual real live voices has been very pleasant.  I've had some very knowledgeable reps.  However, the frustration comes if I use the 'online chat' feature.  Most of the time I would get a standard answer typed back to me over & over even after asking very specific questions.  As was mentoioned in another post chat doesn't seem to be available right now.  Probably making up a few new answers- LOLSmiley Very Happy

0 Likes
turbobuick86
Enthusiast - Level 2

First let me say that the 3 years I've been with Verizon DSL has been great. Really very few issues.

Second, let me say the few issues I've had were a real struggle to resolve. After one sentence with support you realize a few things...

1. You are speaking to someone on foreign soil where English may not be the primary language. I find myself saying "What?" repeatedly.

2. You are speaking to someone who is realively new to support.

3. You are speaking to someone who is reading a manual.

4. You are speaking to someone who knows less than you do about your problem.

5. You are speaking to someone who is leaving the phone constantly to get advice.

6. You are speaking to someone who you'd rather not install their software and take control of your machine. You are forced to disconnect them because they think they can change all your settings without asking permission.

7. Finally, You are speaking to someone who is not going to help you only because there is no one else to speak to. 

BlueDervish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley Mad  Absolutely, maddening! Especially frustrating for a Mac user, as the Verizon techs know nothing about Mac OS.

Have had a problem with 24k+ messages suddenly in my Verizon inbox which will not stay deleted! I don't have the time to delete 24k+ messages & should not have to do so.

This issue has gone on for several days w/endless time wasted w/ Verizon, so called, techs, that I have now filed complaint w/ Calif PUC. Verizon reps keep promising that the expert email server techs are working on problem & will call me. Never got a call back despite various trouble tickets.

How hard can it be to dump my messages off their server? They tell us that if we don't clear out our mailboxes that Verizon will dump them, after 6 months. I have my Apple Mail set to immediately delete a message, from their server, after 1 day, and that worked, up until 9-17-09.

The call in process, for help is just like their website, and email programs: cumbersome, clunky, takes too many steps & too much time. (Mac users are used to elegant, simple, easy to use,  solutions.)

What a difference, it was, when I contacted Apple about the issue. I emailed them with the question about overloaded inbox, and was instantly presented with a choice of options, for help: either, email, phone call from a tech, or, I could call. I selected a call from their tech, and then was given a 15 minute window, to select for the call. The tech called at the exact time!

He was pleasant,  native English speaker, located in Austin, Tx. who quickly determined that the problems, I have, are with Verizon & not Apple Mail. He was even sorry, that he had to refer me to Verizon, to solve the problem!

Still tearing out my hair, as I wait for Verizon to fix this problem, after 10 days!!!

Cheers

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

BlueDervish.

Depending on which interface you are using, there should be an option either next to the inbox link or on the Manage Folders page of the Verizon webmail site that allows you to empty your inbox.

If that option doesn't work for whatever reason, then tech support will need to send a ticket to the "OSC" department. The only problem there is, apparently when they empty your mail it's all or nothing. if you have any mail you want to keep in ANY folder, you'll need to back it up somewhere (hopefully it's already in your client) before you have them put in the ticket. Make sure to tell them you are aware that all of your mail will be deleted and can't be gotten back and have them put that in there, otherwise you'll get a call back in a day or so to ask about it. >.< Then they have to send another ticket and it takes longer.

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes