Dry Loop DSL, Voip, No Verizon Phone Service , Still getting a defunct dial tone w/error message
RudeKitty

I am wondering why there is still that dial tone and message  of "beep, beep, beep, that number can not be reached from your calling area" when my Verizon phone account has been canceled/closed.

When picking up a handset phone plugged into a hard line jack, I get Dial tone sound, then beep, beep beep (like when you get a wrong number) then the nice lady voice says that call can not be dialed from your calling area.

I have a dry loop service with Verizon and my phone provider is a VoiP service. With the phone being through the dsl line and devices, I am wondering why there is a defunct dial tone when picking up another phone elsewhere in the house that is not connected/related to the VoiP system.

I would think since my phone is now being handled through the Voip service (DSL) the hard line dial tone would go away. Am I just Koo-Coo and missing something here??

0 Likes
Re: Dry Loop DSL, Voip, No Verizon Phone Service , Still getting a defunct dial tone w/error message
RudeKitty

I really would like an anwser or input regarding this. I am still a Verizon customer. I am unable to go to my home office to ask this question face to face with someone. If no one here can answer here, how do I find an answer? Submit a support ticket?

0 Likes
Re: Dry Loop DSL, Voip, No Verizon Phone Service , Still getting a defunct dial tone w/error message
RudeKitty

OK, so... I sent my question here:

https://www98.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/

0 Likes
RudeKitty

I am very surprised no one knows the answer to my question. I managed to make to the main home local office to speak with someone in person. No one there could answer this question either.

Is this behavior as described in post number one the tone that is given when the phone portion of the signal is turned off?

No one has responded here nor in through the support link.

0 Likes