DSL & THE I-PAD
kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello....Is there an application "yet" to load the DSL program on the I-Pad?

Thanks, Ken

0 Likes
Re: DSL & THE I-PAD
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a router handling the public IP, you do not need an app to load the DSL program.

0 Likes
kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello and thanks, however, I have no idea what a "public IP" is or how it would help the below problem..... 

I don't have an I-Pad yet and wanted to see if I could access "all" four of my my e-email accounts at once like I do on the desktop computers only using an I-PAD.

I'm using Premium MSN and when I log in, I can see all four at the same time. I loaded the DSL service disk on the desktop years ago and was looking for a similar situation in the I-Pad...Thanks........Ken

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

What dslr was asking was if the device which connects you to the internet is just a modem or is it a router?   More importantly, is it a router with "wireless" capability.   Post the specifics of the device from Verizon which connects you to the Internet (look for a make/model number on it) and we can tell you what it's capable of.

iPad's only connect to networks via WiFi (wireless).   Has nothing to do with DSL, FiOS, or any other broadband technology. 

If your Verizon service is using a wireless router to connect you, then the iPad will work and there is no software which ever needs to be installed on the device to get connectivity.   The "software" which Verizon installs is typically not required -- some older DSL installations used a "bridged" modem connection and special software was needed, but most installations got rid of that requirement some time ago.