DSL Availability
xxHopefulxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please could some person from Verizon look at this and help me. I live about 2-3 miles out of town in a decently populated area.  We have Verizon home phone but the power lines are apparently too old and can't sustain DSL.  I want to know when Verizon plans on updating these lines because the internet is basically useless with dial-up.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Availability
JAYC

Is there a local directory online somewhere that the original poster can use to get in contact with the appropriate Verizon employee or does Verizon not actually take requests to officially expand their service area?

0 Likes
xxHopefulxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure if there is a way to request a service expansion. All I know is if i check to see if i can get DSL I have the option to go on a list and they will email me when I can get DSL, but that doesn't help in any way.

0 Likes
HROTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's something to try - call them and ask for an engineer to run an actual test on your line.  Their normal "line test" apparently just looks up a number in a database that may not have been updated for years.  Same thing happened to me - I put myself on their "list" and over a year later the neighbor on my right got DSL.  Called V and they said "No, you are too far away."  Then the nieghbor on my left got DSL, "No, you are too far away."  A real line test showed I was VERY close and a perfect candidate for DSL.

xxHopefulxx
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the help I think I will call Verizon tomorrow and ask.

0 Likes