DSL Available but VZ won't let you sign up?
tylerwilson814

I've been battling a losing battle with Verizon basically because one hand doesn't talk to the other.  I'm hoping maybe someone from Verizon will read this and instead of replying with a script, they would actually look into the situation.

I'm trying to get my Aunt and Uncle the single form of broadband internet available in the neighborhood which is Verizon DSL.  Verizon recently ran a DSL fiber line from the central office in the small town to a utility shed in a rural section of our town so all of us folks can get DSL now.  When they ran this out, the only way DSL showed up as available was via your Verizon phone number.  Unfortunately to my aunt/uncle, they do not have verizon service established at their new residence they moved into.

The house directly across the road, a meer 50-100 feet away has DSL, even this barn behind my aunt/uncles house for the farm has DSL.  But the house, according to verizon, says it's not available.  There is a green underground phone line box out by the telephone pole with 3 wires coming out of it.  One goes to the neighbors house, one goes to the barn, and one goes to my aunt/uncles house, but after repeated calls to Verizon, now they live too far from the Central Office.

After explaining how every single person around the house has DSL, now they are telling me DSL is limited to only a few people and that there are probably too many subscribers in the area with it, and they can't add any more.

Don't get me wrong, I can believe some stuff when I hear it, but we're talking about an area where they just ran DSL to a year or two ago which is a very country-ish area.  It's not saturated at all.

I emailed VZ asking for a contact person of someone who can actually come to the house and verify any of the information i'm being feed, and they referred me to go to a Verizon retail store located in Pittsburgh, PA, who will know absolutely NOTHING about poor little North East, PA 16428.

Is there anyone at verizon who can help me?  I feel like I'm begging to have service when it IS available, but Verizon is refusing to acknowledge.

I can even type in my Grandmothers address who lives directly across the road from this VZ Utility Shed where the DSL was ran to, and it says it's not available, and she HAS DSL!

0 Likes
Re: DSL Available but VZ won't let you sign up?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Available but VZ won't let you sign up?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

0 Likes