DSL down - horrible Verizon support
Carol-PA
Enthusiast - Level 1

My apologizes for this rant, I have been on the phone with Verizon for days and I am at the end of my patience!!!

My DSL internet has been down since last Wednesday (5 days) and support has been HORRIBLE!  At this point I have a ticket submitted and each time I check on it they say they are committed to having it fixed by XX:00.  When the repair is not made by that time and I call back, I again receive a message about their commitment, except 8 hours have been added each time.

When I bypass the ticket and speak to an agent, they tell me there is an outage affecting anywhere from 22 to 250 customers.  Yet, when I contact my neighbor who is 100 yards way, he has had internet the entire time.  

Now about that service:

The first call I made I was able to speak with an agent who was ok, but I could tell he seemed to be new to the job.  He told me there was an outage and that it would be fixed by 8am on Friday.  I was fine with that because I had just reported it and outages do happen.

HOWEVER, I immediately received a followup call from another agent who wanted to see if the first agent provided 5 star rating.  When I told her he did fine she wanted to know the rating I would give.  I told her 4 stars and she immediately became hostile and wanted to know why I would not give him 5 stars.  At that point it appeared she disconnected the phone so I hung up. 

My phone rang again and it was the second agent again telling me that apparently our call was disconnected and it was very important that I not disconnect the call.  She said she was going to make some calls to try to remedy the issue sooner.  She said I could just put my phone on speaker and sit back and relax while she made these calls.  30 minutes later the call was dropped and I never heard from her again.  Needless to say she did not fix the issue.  Nor did I receive an opportunity to review her.

Fios is not available in my area. It is ridiculous that they charge for services that they refuse to support.  I am currently chatting with an agent about my mother's voicemail which was recently updated.  All I want is to cancel voicemail so she can use an answering machine.  This chat went from the first agent who then connected me to their "Phone experts" and now that expert tells me they see an issue with the voicemail on the account and they need to connect me to their "concerned team".  All this after speaking to two agents on Saturday and again this morning who guaranteed they cancelled the servcie and it would be effective immediately.  Lord help those of us with Verizon service.  I will be calling the PUC to complain!

Tags (2)
Re: DSL down - horrible Verizon support
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carol-PA,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes