DSL Highspeed Internet Disconnects same time everyday.
lanzerx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I have DSL Highspeed Internet with a D90-327W15-06 modem. I have a computer that uses a wire that connects to the modem through the ethernet slot as well as laptops that use Wifi.My internet ALWAYS disconnects 2:27 P.M EVERYDAY. I've called Verizon about this and they said they had to personally come and look at my modem/wires etc. I rejected the offer because .. well I don't really have the time and it would be inconvenient. I was wondering if this was a problem on my side of Verizon's fault and is there anyway to fix it? For example; would better placement of the modem or getting a new modem fix this?

Re: DSL Highspeed Internet Disconnects same time everyday.
Eric_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

It is hard to say what it is exactly.  Some isolation steps would be to see if it happens to all computers.  What do the lights on the DSL Modem do when it is down?  How long has it been going on?   Once we have the answer to a few those I may be able to further isolate it.

Eric_VZ

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
lanzerx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the late response;

Ok, so the disconnecting lasts for about 2 minutes. However, this problem has been occuring for 1-2 years (about 1.5 years?)

The disconnection lasts for about 2 minutes. However, it only lasts for 2 minutes because I go to 192.168.1.1, click on "Connected", press disconnect, and connect again. When I disconnect at 2:27, on "Connected" on that site, it still shows that PPP status is UP. In essence, whenever I go there and disconnect the PPP status, then reconnect, my internet goes back up faster. If I just let it sit there, it'll take about 5-10 mins for it to go back up alone.

If this is confusing, let me know and I will clarify. Thank you.

and yes, all computers.

0 Likes
lanzerx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to add, there are actually 2 times in which I disconnect; 2:27 P.M or 3:12 P.M. This has been happening for 1.5 years. Which ever time I disconnect is random. I watched the modem light .. I disconnected at 3:12 today. NOTHING CHANGES on the modem light. It is the same as when I am connected. Please disregard my earlier message about this.

0 Likes