DSL internet Connectivity Issue
rcouto

Hello,

I’ve been a Verizon DSL customer for @ 4 years but last Summer I deciding to cancel my home phone service since my wife & I use Verizon Wireless.  Since then I have nothing but problems with our DSL service.  My Westell 6100 DSL green light keeps on blinking and I go through the usually steps (powerdown, restart, check phone line, etc) I usually lose internet connection for a  day or at the most 2.  I already have 2 technician service my line but it always when I don’t have any issue.  The technician take care of the problem that they find and my internet connection seem to be OK for a couple of weeks before the same problem creeps up.  Well, it happen again last night so I will let Verizon try one final time to correct the problem before I give up and go to Cable.   Has anyone experience the same issue?

0 Likes
Re: DSL internet Connectivity Issue
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hello rcouto...sorry to hear that your still having trouble with your DSL service. During your previous tech visits have they monitored your line for 24 hours? Based on your note it looks like you have dry loop DSL. Please fill out this verification form so I can access your account to see what kind of troubleshooting has been done previously. https://www98.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Re: DSL internet Connectivity Issue
ief1212

Yes. I am experiencing the same problems. We are  new customers to Verizon FIOS. Verizon sent out a sales person to our building and we decided as family to try out Verizon. My husband has had a positive relationship with his wireless, so he figured lets have Verizon be part of the family.

From the first day of the installation we have had problems with out  no internet access. We have a desktop and 3 laptops. We have gone through 3 routers and numerous of hours on the phone with a tech and just yesterday a tech came out to my home and you would figure that he would fix the problem. Right! He made it worse I can only use the computer when its connected to the Ethernet.

I have only had their service for 1 month and already we having problems.  I have had it with them...I am going back to cable....

They might not have the latest technology but the do have something Verizon does not have, good and reliable internet access.

Its a shame, the TV looks great and the phone service is great....
I wish you luck. Thanks for the post.

0 Likes
DSL Download Speeds - Slow Spiraling Death
longNJ

I am having a similar issue.  My DSL connection has been having some intermittent connection problems over the last week or so.  I have a Westell 6100 modem.  Even more common than pure outages is a slow death spiral on my download speeds (not so much the upload).  I have a 1.5MB plan and am able to run close to those speeds when I first connect if I look at the PPPoE Connection on the modem.  However, after a short period of time, the download speed slowly spirals down to as slow as 64k.  That's dial-up speed.  Cycling the modem power can help, but not always.  It also creates real problems for me.   I was using the modem as a bridge for a home network and it loses all the settings if it is powered off.  I also use my DSL to VPN into work, so I need a constant connection or the VPN breaks. 

Seems to be a common issue.  Have there been any real solutions offered?  The reason I downgraded from cable to DSL was to improve the connection reliability and now I'm worried that DSL may be no better.

0 Likes