Re: DSL Internet periodically shuts off
Renee114

Yes, have the same problem.  It's happened about five times in the last hour for me. Internet just cuts out. Phone lines across the street are covered in vines and trees are hanging on them. No homes there. How do I get Verizon to come here and clear the lines? I suspect the problem may be there. Had a power outage and the power company took the tree off the power line and left it on the phone line. Argh.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Renee1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
bshan75

I've had the same issue for the past year. They sent me a new modem and it didn't help. They then sent another modem (same model) which couldn't be truned on. I'm seriously looking at local cable since this is obviously unreliable service.

0 Likes
mike1907

my only option is to go back to Comcast as FiOS is not offered in my town yet and wont be for some time. after (6) technician visits, (2) switches at the box, (3) modem swaps and multiple calls to tech support, no one can fix the issue. I continue to hear static on my phone, they can hear it but still no solution. My internet continues to drop 2-3x per day. ugh

0 Likes
isanothappy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have similar issue as everyone else. Internet disconnects several times per day, but mostly between 11 am and 2pm. We have FIOS for the last 4 years. The issue started around Feb 2018.  Why does not one mention throttling ?  I read Cali first responders is suing Verizon for throttling.  I watch my link speed, it goes up and down , sometimes to crawl, through the day.  anyone found a solution ? 

0 Likes
Renee114

Yes, there is throttling. Getting kicked off some sites now or notification that I don't have the proper bandwidth. End of the month...

0 Likes