Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

DSL internet speed

dtsteven1
Contributor
Contributor

DSL internet speed

Message 1 of 9
(2,664 Views)

I have Verizon DSL. The download speed used to be about 3 mpbs. Lately it's been about one mbps. How can I get the speed back up?

I have had no luck in getting help from Verizon on their website.

8 REPLIES 8
LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Re: DSL internet speed

Message 2 of 9
(2,647 Views)

Hi Donald1,

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

Joe4
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(2,562 Views)

I have the same problem, I'm going back to Comcast.... Verizon service sucks here in New Jersey.

dtsteven1
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 9
(2,551 Views)

Joe4-

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Don

modemdoldrum
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 9
(2,453 Views)

Verizon DSL sucks everywhere, it is not just you. If Verizon does not want to support copper anymore, then Verizon should do something about it. Nah, it is easier to screw millions of DSL users, because that doesn't cost Verizon anything. They could care less about their reputation, they know that they suck. They also know that there isn't a darn thing that rural customers can do about it. Just take it like the rest of us....The troubleshoother is a waste of your time, Verizon could give you 7MB/sec with the turn of a dial at the sub station. They don't want you to have faster service, because you would be more likely to use something that actually works. They keep you at 2 or 3 MB/sec, so you get frustrated and turn it off. You can't use Netflix or Amazon Video, so you aren't using any data. It is all just a game, and you lose. 

Aquitaine49
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 9
(2,381 Views)

When I tried the link to diagnose slow DSL I got a message that said "incompatible with MAC"  My internet has been abysmally slow for 5 days now. I did a chat and the agent said he did something that would improve the service but it has not.

Aquitaine49
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 9
(2,379 Views)

When I try to use that tool (1) the slow speed hinders efficient use and (2) it only advances through one "Next" and does not finish the troubleshooting. The Feedback Tool doesn't work at the point either.

Agarner1970
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 9
(2,340 Views)

This does nothing but send you into an eternal cycle of links.  I need a phone number to call to cancel DSL.  I understand FiOS is your premium service, but it is not available in all areas and some of us expect what we pay for.  Constant dropping of connections is horrible customer service.  

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 9 of 9
(2,329 Views)

Phone Support is available at 1-800-VERIZON.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title