DSL is terribly SLOOWWW and FIOS is NOT available
tpaese

We moved to downtown DC 10 YEARS AGO and have been hearing FIOS is coming. Yeah right. It is is IMPOSSIBLE to speak to a manager or anybody in authority about Fios. We alrready have UNDERGROUND utilities ane are just off Conn Ave in the heart of Dupont !  No FIOS yet ?! Are you kidding ? the DSL speed is awful and the customer service is worse. The ONLY reason we have not moveed to cable internet is to keep our verizon.on email address. Well not any longer. I cannot believe you have not extended to this area ! There are hundreds of decision makers who live in this area and no FIOS !? I am calling Comcast. and I am sure you all don't care.

0 Likes
Re: DSL is terribly SLOOWWW and FIOS is NOT available
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Unfortunately they do not care. Fios deployment is done for now... If it's not being installed now, It won't be for a long time.... http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-30-or-More-of-Our-Users-Will-Never-Get-FiOS-128862
0 Likes
Re: DSL is terribly SLOOWWW and FIOS is NOT available
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Many of us do agree, FiOS has to expand. Unfortunately it is already set in stone that Verizon is planning at some point to sunset DSL, following that the copper network. FiOS will expand in some areas, but only in contractually obligated areas. Everything else, Verizon is aiming for wireless. For now, if you'd like to see if the DSL can actually go faster, let us know what modem make and model you have so we can pull some information from it.

If you decide to go with Comcast instead, I STRONGLY recommend paying a little bit extra for Comcast Business so you get a problem-free, proper connection to the Internet. No DPI, Traffic shaping, broken DNS, or 300GB Data caps Comcast is well known for (I fear them buying out Time Warner in this area).