DSL Light blinks no service for days..
Imir2
I've been pretty calm about this ongoing situation. I recently had a tech come in to check the lines in my apartment to see if there's any issues with my wires & or jacks going to my modem because I am experiencing connection issues. He verified with me that from the pole to jack its running fine 1700kbps, but when status through router ip it was showing 400-500kbps, he then tried and replace the 7500 modem with a 6100F modem which change drastically from 700 to 1500 which I was cool with. After an agreement of 2.50$ extra monthly I then began experiencing an even worse issue, this time the dsl light is blinking repeatadly, this was friday may 8 since today, I have not been able to get into the internet. Sometimes the power turns red, and some times randomly it turns normal but speeds clock to 67kbps, and after 15 seconds the dsl lights start blinking again. I would really appreciate some assistance. I've recently heard the tech speaking to a guy at the HQ about changing the equiptment "DSLAM" to the new equiptment and he told me tomorrow *Saturday you will experience issues connecting, but this would only be 24 hours. 
Message Edited by Imir on 05-11-2009 05:04 AM
0 Likes
Re: DSL Light blinks no service for days..
carterk1
I, too, have been experiencing connectivity issues.  Many times throughout the day, I lose connection.  I've tried all the recommended trouble shooting - turning the wireless modem on/off, plugging/unplugging, etc....  I've had techs come out several times with no improvement.  In fact, no one showed up last time they said they'd come out.  I'm very unpleased with Verizon's service after being a loyal customer for many years.  I've spent hours on the phone, having to tell my story over and over again.  I called Earthlink today and am switching over. 
0 Likes