Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

DSL skips my street.

Blink
Contributor
Contributor

DSL skips my street.

Message 1 of 1
(3,494 Views)

I've been trying to figure out how to get dsl for 5 years. Last year it was finally installed in my town but of course I can't get it, it skips my street entirely.

I drew my situation in this pic: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6866/dslsit.png

At the bottom of my street (C) there is a phone line with dsl that goes from point D (dslam) to point A (remote switch). My phone line does not connect with the dsl line until they both meet at point A. Because of this, from my house to the dslam is roughly 6 miles, which is too far for service.

Can Verizon somehow split my line from the rest of my streets lines at point C to directly connect to point D so I can get dsl?
From B->C->A to B->C->D

I imagine, if possible, would work perfectly, its just finding a way to have verizon do it. Maybe they can charge me for the work? Im willing to pay.

Would Verizon install an Adrenaline Extender if it was possible I could get dsl service with one without the line change hassle? I would pay costs.

The copper in my town is old, thicker gauge then 24AWG, so I keep hearing dsl reaches **bleep**her in my town.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title