DSL speed going down to 0.74 at night....NEED ADVICE
dsl1810
Enthusiast - Level 2

what would my issue be with DSL going down to 0.74mbps at night? for about a couple weeks now, verizon has been in contact with me about this issue, during the day my speeds are great, but no matter what verizon does, it dips at nite. today the tech put me on a different circuit and the tech support over the phone says I can't handle the 7.1, but the 2 techs that I had out to my house say I can handle it fine. So I guess the 3rd tier support lowered me down to 5 Mbps, so like I told them its not the speed that is making this happen, so sure enough night comes and im under 1 Mbps, morning time comes 7 Am or so and im back up to the rated speed they have me at.  when I was at the 7.1mbps I was able to reach s 6.7mbps thought the day. Now they have me on 5 Mbps and its exactly at 5 the whole day till night fall. I don't know what else they can check, not sure if my modem is messing up at night, but its pretty frustrating, they call me asking if its working, and i keep telling them its not my connection, i can connect fine, never loose signal, my night speed is the problem. Im not aware of how long this has been going on, since i just upgreaded to the 7.1 and have been checking the speeds to make sure im getting what im paying for....below is my modem info, this is at the 5mbps package. Thanks for any help

Transceiver Information

Down Stream Path

Up Stream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)

Margin (dB)

Line Attenuation (dB)

Transmit Power (dBm)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL speed going down to 0.74 at night....NEED ADVICE
dsl1810
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after 2 techs coming to my house, about a dozen of tech support calls,3rd tier supervisor help, I got to speak with someone in the maintenance dept, she bumped me back up to the 7.1 Mbps, and put me on a different circuit with alot less customers, and sure enough last nite i was at full speed all thoughout the night.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: DSL speed going down to 0.74 at night....NEED ADVICE
dsl1810
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after 2 techs coming to my house, about a dozen of tech support calls,3rd tier supervisor help, I got to speak with someone in the maintenance dept, she bumped me back up to the 7.1 Mbps, and put me on a different circuit with alot less customers, and sure enough last nite i was at full speed all thoughout the night.

0 Likes