DSL speed so slow! Is that because i set up the wifi router wrong or cause that is the real speed ?
BTboy

I have Wifi router Actionel GT704WGB and Faster Plan so the download speed should be around 1.5mb. But i am so disappointed, the actual speed i got is only 190kb, not even 200kb. its total not worth the money at all.

0 Likes
Re: DSL speed so slow! Is that because i set up the wifi router wrong or cause that is the real spee
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried hardwiring your pc to the router to see what speed you get that way?

Re: DSL speed so slow! Is that because i set up the wifi router wrong or cause that is the real spee
BTboy

I did that already but its still the same

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Is this 190 Kilibits a second or 190 KiloBytes (KB/s) a second? There are 8 bits to a byte, so it sounds like you may be mixing this up. Post up a speed test for us to see.
BTboy

its KB/s. i called the tech support and they did the speed test , it around 1MB/s for download speed. but in fact just 190KB/s

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Visit http://www.speedtest.net/ and post up a Speed test result that you get after choosing a server near you. Additionally, go to http://192.168.1.1/ and post up the speed the modem shows which should appear on the front page (though I am not positive due to not seeing the Interface on the ActionTec units).

I still think this is a simple case of mixing up Bits from Bytes. The two pieces of information above will help to clear this up for sure. The only Verizon DSL plan that can download near 1-1.5MB/s is the 10-15Mbps/1Mbps package.
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

Is the Actiontel router plugged directly into the phone line, or is it plugged into another DSL router?

BTboy

the Actionel router pluged directly to the the phone line

0 Likes