DSL WAY TO SLOW
skynard1

Did a speed test..download 0.95 upload 0.23...I had faster on dial up

0 Likes
Re: DSL WAY TO SLOW
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are those results you're getting in Megabits or Kilobits? Dial-up maxes at 48.8 Kilobits (kbps) which is 0.048Mbps.

0 Likes
skynard1

mbps today it was 1.56 mbps download .24 upload

0 Likes
irispatchmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you  scroll  thru  the  other post    slow DSL  seems the  the Verizon  Norm.    We all beg  for   repair  and resolution,  we get  it  for about 2 months  then   it  starts eroding  till   it becomes so  obvious   we cannot ignor  it.   For some   it  is a  ploy to get you  to  buy  better service  but for  most  it is because we are not   mainstream   (  fios)   and  they are  not keeping up  with demand .

0 Likes
SlightlyTweaked
Enthusiast - Level 3
They're not keeping up with demand because they keep laying off their technicians. Seems like planned failure to me. "Oh, my, our copper is just too old to work anymore." "I know! We'll move everyone over to wireless because there's less to maintain." (And, make lots more money using ridiculously priced data plans with equally ridiculous low caps.)
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SlightlyTweaked wrote:
They're not keeping up with demand because they keep laying off their technicians. Seems like planned failure to me. "Oh, my, our copper is just too old to work anymore." "I know! We'll move everyone over to wireless because there's less to maintain." (And, make lots more money using ridiculously priced data plans with equally ridiculous low caps.)

Pretty much along the lines of what has been happening for several years now, in a nutshell. Wireless (and what they have built of FiOS) are their new toys to play with.

0 Likes