Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

DSL WAY TO SLOW

skynard
Contributor
Contributor

DSL WAY TO SLOW

Message 1 of 6
(978 Views)

Did a speed test..download 0.95 upload 0.23...I had faster on dial up

5 REPLIES 5
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: DSL WAY TO SLOW

Message 2 of 6
(943 Views)

Are those results you're getting in Megabits or Kilobits? Dial-up maxes at 48.8 Kilobits (kbps) which is 0.048Mbps.

skynard
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(860 Views)

mbps today it was 1.56 mbps download .24 upload

waffle
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(848 Views)

If you  scroll  thru  the  other post    slow DSL  seems the  the Verizon  Norm.    We all beg  for   repair  and resolution,  we get  it  for about 2 months  then   it  starts eroding  till   it becomes so  obvious   we cannot ignor  it.   For some   it  is a  ploy to get you  to  buy  better service  but for  most  it is because we are not   mainstream   (  fios)   and  they are  not keeping up  with demand .

SlightlyTweaked
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(843 Views)
They're not keeping up with demand because they keep laying off their technicians. Seems like planned failure to me. "Oh, my, our copper is just too old to work anymore." "I know! We'll move everyone over to wireless because there's less to maintain." (And, make lots more money using ridiculously priced data plans with equally ridiculous low caps.)
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 6
(832 Views)

@SlightlyTweaked wrote:
They're not keeping up with demand because they keep laying off their technicians. Seems like planned failure to me. "Oh, my, our copper is just too old to work anymore." "I know! We'll move everyone over to wireless because there's less to maintain." (And, make lots more money using ridiculously priced data plans with equally ridiculous low caps.)

Pretty much along the lines of what has been happening for several years now, in a nutshell. Wireless (and what they have built of FiOS) are their new toys to play with.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title