Google and other pages blocked at random
angmarsking
Enthusiast - Level 1

About 1 week ago my browsers stopped connecting to google.com, hotmail.com, and at least one other site. The strange thing is that it will connect to yahoo.com, msn.com, and most other sites. It happens with more than one browser and on more than one computer using the same router and modem (that is, it happens on my laptop as well). So it's definitely not the computer's problem. I tried unplugging the modem for a few hours and got a new ip with the last two octets completely different, but that didn't help. I contacted verizon tech support and they said contact Westell.

My modem is Westell B90-210015-04 and my router is a Lynksis Wireless B. Anybody have any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google and other pages blocked at random
angmarsking
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I also recommend Spybot Search and Destroy, because it found a lot of spyware, although that definitely was not the problem. I called Verizon and they told me to turn off my modem, then router, then computer, and turn them back on in that order waiting a minute before each. This reset my ip address (again) and this time everything worked fine. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HROTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem for a few weeks about 6 months or so ago.  I worked with tech support for about a month on it and we never figured it out, but it has not happened again since then.  One thing that may have helped was installing and running Spybot Search and Destroy.

Good luck.  Please post back if you figure it out.

0 Likes
angmarsking
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I also recommend Spybot Search and Destroy, because it found a lot of spyware, although that definitely was not the problem. I called Verizon and they told me to turn off my modem, then router, then computer, and turn them back on in that order waiting a minute before each. This reset my ip address (again) and this time everything worked fine. Thanks!

0 Likes