Help trying to get this straight
barbedwiredave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

In February after a frustrating move of service problem I cancelled my verizon dsl and dropped my voice plan to basic service with caller id.  My replacement dsl service is a reseller of verizon service.  I recently purchased a voip system and would like to go dry loop and port my land line number to the voip.  I called the reseller support and they said it could be tricky going dry loop and I should call verizon to make sure it would switch over smoothly.  Unfortunately the csr I spoke with today had no clue what I was talking about and continued to ask if I had dial up service.  So at this point I am stuck and looking for help.  Since I pay a reseller for service should I just put in a port order for my number and cross my fingers that my dsl doesn't get interrupted after the land line cancel?  Or any number I should call that would understand my problem/request?  Any help is appreciated

Dave

Re: Help trying to get this straight
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You are not Verizon's customer the reseller is. You need to deal with your reseller only unless you are going to switch to Verizon service.
0 Likes