Help -- unable to access configuration settings for Westell 7500
jmhudec
Enthusiast - Level 1
I was able to access these settings a few weeks ago. I wanted to check things out since I've had problems with dropped service/slow connection speeds since I changed to a dry-loop connection and got a new modem. So, went to http://192.168.1.1. Typed in what I thought my name/password were -- no luck. Tried admin/password. No luck. Press the reset button for at least 30 seconds several times on my Westell, which is supposed to restore the factory settings so that I could access the configuration settings screen using admid/password as user name/password. Same thing -- unauthorized to access. Any help someone could give here would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: Help -- unable to access configuration settings for Westell 7500
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
While resetting the modem..

Did you try pressing and holding the reset switch as you turn off and turn back on the power to the router?
0 Likes
Re: Help -- unable to access configuration settings for Westell 7500
jmhudec
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks for the reply. The issue appears to be resolved. A Verizon tech talked me through creating a new Network Location for the modem which drew in the correct IP address. He also suggested I switch to a slower DSL plan. When I got rid of my landline, the sales rep suggested I could upgrade to the 5MB/s plan for only $10 more a month. So I did. But according to the tech I spoke with, the infrastructure could only support 3 MB/s and that having the 5 MB/s plan was actually causing my service drops problem. I have to say, since I switched back to the 3 MB/s plan, I have had markedly fewer drops (and no discernible drop-off in performance).