Help Verizon - DSL Slowdown - Final Notice
DuaneA1

If anyone from Verizon is listening and cares -

I've had my DSL (HSI Enhanced currently) service for appx. 8 years, during that time it's been almost completely troublefree and provided speeds in the 2.5-3.0 Mbps range.  Clearly something has changed in the past 6 months or so, now the absolutely best I can achieve is 1.80 Mbps.  After chatting online and speaking with tech nothing has been resolved, on all occasions I've been told the line test is fine and indicates no issues from the CO to my home.  The first tech I spoke to suspected my 8 year old modem was bad and sent a new modem/router combination which has changed absolutely nothing.

I will not be making any more phone calls to tech, so this is your final chance to make this right.  I suspect (as many others on this board) that the speed is artificially throttled to promote others services (which aren't available in my area) or to simply let the old twisted pair technology die.  If that's the case please let me know so I can explore other options, or return the speed that I've had for so many years.

Feel free to contact me to discuss further.

0 Likes
Re: Help Verizon - DSL Slowdown - Final Notice
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

That said, some folks here may have some additional troubleshooting you can try. Just don't expect Verizon to come to the rescue.

0 Likes
DuaneA1

Understood... however the only options are to chat or call for "support", both which I've done with zero resolution.  This is clearly a monitered board, hopefully someone from Verizon can offer some help or I'm headed to Comcast.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DuaneA,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DuaneA,

We're glad our referral to the HSI Appeals team was able to provide insight into this matter.

Please feel free to reach out, by posting to the forums, if you need assitance in the future.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Normx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greetings Diane, I'm a long time subscriber and your post is spot on.

I've been on the internet since the bad old days of dial-up with a 28k modem.

And it’s always the same: Some new service comes around (like dsl, for a higher price), and the old customers are left to twist slowly in the wind.

So I would try to "dial-up", and after changing the access number a dozen times, finally get on.

At...A....Crawl.

And it's always your fault.

"You have a virus"

"you don't have enough ram"

"It's weather related"(Too cold, too hot, too bad).

"Your copper wires are worn out".

Sound familiar????

So I have had no internet service for 2 days, 8-14 to 8-16( this post is written on 8-17, and service is still s-l-o-w)

So I get an email that says: " Dear Valued Verizon Customer, An outage has been detected impacting the ability to use your Verizon High Speed Internet services. This will limit your ability to use the Internet, including email, streaming music, and other services until the outage is resolved. For more information or to sign up for updates on this outage, please visit verizon.com/outage.

The irony is lost as I can't connect for two days.

Then, to add insult to injury, there is no news about the actual outage on the webpage: "Verizon is working to restore your service".

Isn't that helpful.Not.

Even the gold contributor, somegirl, knows it true: “Just don't expect Verizon to come to the rescue.”

Please post back what the results were from private chat/support.

Did you have to re-boot? New equipment? Technician sent out? Or did service just “magically” get restored?(most likely). If you do go to Comcast, please post your experience and cost.

The more information we share, the better. norm

0 Likes