Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Hidden charges

scam02
Contributor
Contributor

Hidden charges

Message 1 of 1
(1,003 Views)

Firstly, my "high-speed internet" is not high speed and is comparable to something you would have expected 10 years ago. Secondly, I signed up for a $55 a month service. My first bill was $140 as there was a connection fee which is ridiculous but I swllowed it. Then came my first regular bill, which I expected to be $55. Or maybe $60 with taxes. Instead it was over $80. That's over $25 in fees that were NEVER MENTIONED during signing up. These include $10 line insurance. I mean seriously, line insurance. What a scam. Nobody had ever mentioned this before. Then came over $12 in verizon surcharges. Tax was only a couple of bucks. 

I cancelled my service. Paying $80 a month for bad interenet is too much of a scam. I just have to deal with the money they already got from me.

I was a comcast customer for years in my previous address. I don't have any wonderful things to say about them but I did get billed for the ammount discussed, not an outrageous 50% more than agreed upon. 

I am going elsewhere with my money. For verizon, over time, a single customer is worth a lot of money. If you're going to scam someone, the long con is probably a better approach. 50% in hidden charges is just too obvious. I'm out.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title