High Speed Internet in Rural Neighborhood
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need some advice on who I can contact in order to bring high speed internet to my neighborhood. Or rather, who I can bug and keep in contact with until the day this (hopefully) happens.

Previously, I did some Googling and saw an article that suggested emailing the CEO of Verizon. So, I did. I didn't receive an email back from him, though I didn't expect to. A woman emailed me back, said she spoke to the engineering department and gave me her response...

She said there were no plans to deploy Fios in my area (no surprise there). But she also said that bringing high speed internet over the existing lines wouldn't happen either. This makes no sense to me because there are other neighborhoods that have access to Verizon internet that aren't far from here.

The engineering department said that my neighborhood is "too far from the central office," therefore they "couldn't guarantee speeds."

Here's the thing... There are well over 50 houses in this neighborhood, all filled with people fed up with their current internet. I've had neighbors form petitions. As someone who works from home, I simply cannot deal with using a wireless hotspot that decreases my speeds after only 10GB of data usage.

I need another option. And I'd like to find someone at Verizon that I can contact and potentially keep in touch with until I can make this happen. Should I reach out to someone in the engineering department? If so, what's the best way to go about that? Is there a phone number, email address, or physical address?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet in Rural Neighborhood
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you in Pennsylania by chance?

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet in Rural Neighborhood
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, I'm in Maryland.