Home DSL Incorrect Service Address = NEGATIVE CREDIT REPORTING
cparrish

I have been trying for 2 years since setting up and cancelling Verizon home internet because of this issue. Over 2 years ago I set up home DSL at my then new address. They couldnt get it working and after 2 weeks, they tech realized they set it up at the wrong address. They set it up at mine in another 2 weeks. Then I got a bill from Verizon for the other incorrect address for internet charges and my own address charges (neighbor put it in my mailbox). I called verizon and they turned it off. However, I could NEVER get Verizon to take care of the bill at the incorrect address. I called and dealt with them for 6 months before I cancelled my service out of pure frustration. Needless to say, 2 years later, I got Verizon to realize that I did not need to pay the bill and etc., but the bill went to collections and is still there negatively affecting my credit and my husbands with no help from verizon after HOURS and HOURS of calling multiple departments etc.

You name them, I called them; no help. I have disputed this with the credit bureaus and still it remains until Verizon cleared it up with them. 

VERIZON, PLEASE STOP PUNISHING MY CREDIT FOR YOUR MISTAKE.

COME ON GUYS!!

0 Likes
Re: Home DSL Incorrect Service Address = NEGATIVE CREDIT REPORTING
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gingerlily13,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes