How to upgrade DSL service?
Remok

Hello,

I currently have the Verizon "Power Plan (Download up to 3 Mbps / Upload up to 768 Kbps)" for around...3 years and I want to upgrade to "Turbo Plan (Download up to 7.1 Mbps / Upload up to 768 Kbps)". Is it possible to do it through online? Because it can be a pain calling an agent (They usually don't give me much of a help anyways, the site says Fios is availible in Long Island City 11106. But I asked an agent they told me to get something else because it's not in service for my area.) 

Thank you. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How to upgrade DSL service?
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/checkavailability/checkavailability.htm

Yes, it's possible that you may be able to recieve that speed, but unfortunately it isn't available in most areas. If that doesn't work out call 1-800-483-4000 if it is available, but you can't order it online.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vztelecom wrote:

http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/checkavailability/checkavailability.htm

Yes, it's possible that you may be able to recieve that speed, but unfortunately it isn't available in most areas. If that doesn't work out call 1-800-483-4000 if it is available, but you can't order it online.

Just wondering.. If you already have DSL, why can't they allow to check availability for the higher speed?

And, why do they not allow to order an upgrade online for?
0 Likes
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1

I suppose it's just a way for the customer to call in to get all the information rather than just ordering somewhat blindly online. Sometimes going up to 7.1 mbps upgrade does require someone to come out and check the lines anyways. That's one thing verizon could do though to make things easier for everyone is give customers the ability to upgrade online, but I really think they don't just to make sure the customers get all the information necessary to make the change.