Illegal tapping Into Private Wi-Fi
mickhart

Who do I contact to get a Verizon Wireless customer's phone to stay out of my private network?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Illegal tapping Into Private Wi-Fi
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do I change my Verizon Wi-Fi password?

How do I change my Verizon Wi-Fi password? Wi-Fi service.

If The Verizon Wi-Fi password can only be changed by the primary account owner. If you change your Verizon Wi-Fi password, you must provide the new password to all the sub-account owners you are allowing to use the Verizon you want to prevent a sub-account user who can currently use Verizon Wi-Fi from using it in the future, you can change the password and not share this new password with him or her.

1. Open a browser like Internet Explorer and enter www.verizon.com in the Address field. [Show Me]
  2. Click My Verizon Services in the top toolbar.
    1. Click Manage My WiFi.
    2. Click Change Wi-Fi Password. [Show Me]
    3. Enter your new password in the New Password field. [Show Me]
    4. Enter your new password a second time in the Confirm password field to ensure you entered it correctly.
    5. Click Submit. A screen will display to confirm your password has been changed.

WPA2 encription on your router  HIGHLY recommended.

View solution in original post

Re: Illegal tapping Into Private Wi-Fi - Secure Your Network First, File Reports Later
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@MickHart wrote:

Who do I contact to get a Verizon Wireless customer's phone to stay out of my private network?

Well, it seems you could contact just about any CSR at Verizon Communications.  That individual will put you in touch with the appropriate person.

Better yet, why not secure your "private network" (which is clearly is not) in the first place by using the recommended encryption settings, user names, secure passwords, etc.?  There is absolutely no reason you cannot do this to secure your home network against electronic intruders.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do I change my Verizon Wi-Fi password?

How do I change my Verizon Wi-Fi password? Wi-Fi service.

If The Verizon Wi-Fi password can only be changed by the primary account owner. If you change your Verizon Wi-Fi password, you must provide the new password to all the sub-account owners you are allowing to use the Verizon you want to prevent a sub-account user who can currently use Verizon Wi-Fi from using it in the future, you can change the password and not share this new password with him or her.

1. Open a browser like Internet Explorer and enter www.verizon.com in the Address field. [Show Me]
  2. Click My Verizon Services in the top toolbar.
    1. Click Manage My WiFi.
    2. Click Change Wi-Fi Password. [Show Me]
    3. Enter your new password in the New Password field. [Show Me]
    4. Enter your new password a second time in the Confirm password field to ensure you entered it correctly.
    5. Click Submit. A screen will display to confirm your password has been changed.

WPA2 encription on your router  HIGHLY recommended.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thought you might find this interesting

http://netsecurity.about.com/od/quicktip1/qt/qtwifiwepwpa.htm

0 Likes
sk279

I'm a Verizon home internet customer but I use my own router a Linksys E2500 with ddwrt software installed besides What's all this about Verizon wifi password? My wifi password is on my router

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes