Intermittent Internet Connection
JackInBooklyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

For a while now (weeks? maybe more), we have been suffering regular interruptions of internet service.  Usually they are brief, but they are consistent and defined.

I finally called support about a week ago and they had me reset the DSL modem (I've done this many times and it has not resolved the issue) and then suggested I remove the phone splitter I had between the modem and the wall jack.  This disconnects my desk phone, but I'm OK with that for now. The phone splitter is out.

Since then, the problems persist.  Here is a chart with info regarding the interruptions we have noticed in the past 5 days or so (we were out of the house most of 8/12).

Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this?  I cannot be calling Verizon support each time because:

1. They always make me do the same modem reset, etc.
  2.  They do not take anything like context or persistence of a problem into account.
  3. They assure me the problem is resolved.  It's not.

Thank you,

Jack

Date

Time

Description

8/7/17

12:36am
12:38am

Internet LED out;
Internet LED on & service resumed

8/7/17

3:36pm
3:38pm

Internet LED off
Internet LED on & service resumed

8/9/17

2:38pm
2:40pm

Internet Lost; DSL LED flashing, Internet LED off
DSL LED solid; Internet LED flashing

8/10/17

10:24
10:26

DSL LED out
Internet back on

8/11/17

10:39
10:41
10:42

Internet out; DSL LED flashing
DSL LED on
Internet LED on

8/13/17

1:30am

1:32am

Internet service interrupted

Internet service resumed

8/13/17

3:07pm
3:08pm

Internet service out; Internet LED out
Internet service resumes

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Internet Connection
doppelganger1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I came here to post about a nearly identical issue I've been having.  Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd just post in your topic. Hopefully we'll get some sort of help.

This problem started occurring several weeks ago for me as well. I am having the internet disconnect several times every single day, usually for only a few minutes.

I've gotten the "reset your modem" solution from CS as well, which of course solves nothing. I've also had tecnicians come out on two separate occasions as well. I don't recall what exactly they told me they did, but whatever it was, it did not solve my problem.

0 Likes