Intermittent internet issues
mjasa

I am having intermittent internet drops everytime I try to download anything does not matter how big the file is can be as small as 40Mb its getting annoying. Not to forget the fact that am paying for 3mbps and only getting if am lucky 1.7 mbps. Calls to have this resolved have been fruitless and the tech support tells me I can get upto 3megs but billing tells me I can only get 1.5 megs. My mother in law who lives two houses down gets her full 3megs with no problem. I am getting sick and tired of this and might just go back to cable internet at least I was getting a full 3 meg even if for an extra 10 bucks a month.

My transceiver stats are as follows

Will be happy with any assistance with this issue.

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision 3.3.2.2.0.1

Vendor ID Code 4D54

Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt

Data Path FAST
Transceiver Information         Down Stream Path               Up Stream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)                       1792                                             448

Margin (dB)                                                 16.0                                             19.0

Line Attenuation (dB)                             44.8                                            30.0

Transmit Power (dBm)                           10.3                                           11.9

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent internet issues
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hey there.  you're line readings are immaculate, so I wouldn't imagine that there is any physical line trouble, or anything wrong with the phones or filters that would interfere with your connection.    Intermittent problems are super hard to diagnose, so the more info the better.

Are you ethernet cable or Wireless on your pc

does the problem happen at night more or pretty much anytime, 

how long does it stay down whne it's broken, and what are you doing to get it fixed (i.e. rebooting router etc...)

and what state are you in.

mjasa

I am currently in Massachusetts. I called tech support and they tell me my line can handle upto 7mbps but when they transfer me to billing for provisionning they keep telling my I cant get more than 1.7 all the while I know people on the same street who are getting the full 3mbps.

I have hard wired all my ethernet cables to my computers and the problem does occur at random times during the day as long as I try to download or stream any movies it breaks down and is back in about 5 to 10 min. I have replaced the modem and router still the same problem,

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

and what kind of router is it?  

the old and the new one? 

when the connection drops off do you notice, or can you look at it next time, if your DSL light starts blinking?

0 Likes