internet Speed slowed to 56k when i get home from work.
greenman303
Enthusiast - Level 3

From 6pm pacific to 11 pm every night my internet is very erratic. going from 0-1mbps. When i use the tech support they always accelerate the issue and tell me i will get a call from someone else. Everytime i tell the tech support they have to call me after 6pm pacific time. The tech say ok they will call me after 6pm. I then about a week later have always gotten a call back at 3 pm during my work hours. Then they tell me there is nothing wrong with my internet its looking fine. I cant talk to them because im at work and tell them to call me back after 6. They usually say ok and i dont get a call back. WHen the tech support do there scripted testing it always shows im getting the right amount of speed but im still getting a download speed thats compatible to 56k.

0 Likes
Re: internet Speed slowed to 56k when i get home from work.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You likely need to get them to escalate right then and there to someone who has the ability to check the history of the equipment you're connected to. Verizon's systems maintain logs of equipment utilization for the sake of running audits and measuring where they need to perform upgrades. If you're getting dial-up performance while using the connection at night, they'll likely need to do some upgrades.

What works fine "Now" is not adequite troubleshooting. If you're not getting anywhere with phone support, definitely consider trying the Verizon Direct forum over at DSLReports or even Verizon's Twitter page if you're into that sort of thing to get support. If you can't get anywhere, let me know and I'll get you to someone who should be able to help.

0 Likes
greenman303
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue was esclated last thursday. But nothing happened after that. I also noticed when i log in after work i would go to speedtest, the one the techs use to test bandwidth) and i notice the first test usually goes to 10mbps then it slowly drops after a few minutes back down to 56k -1mbps. I think its strange this would happen, my only thought is maybe the system is having some sort of byas twards my ip. Once it logs me in as active it bottlenecks me. Thats just what it seems like to me.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the speed troubles. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes