Keep losing connection
Razz037
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am losing connection multiple times throughout the day now. I am getting rid of Verizon. Had enough of this nonscense. Verizon DSL is a terrible service. Going to get internet from cable company, then I will also be getting rid of the phone.

Craig

0 Likes
Re: Keep losing connection
TubeLugs
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, the problem may be the DSL modem. Call Verizon, tell them about the dropouts, and tell them you want a replacement modem. Better than average chance that will eliminate dropouts.

Second, if that doesn't produce satisfactory results and your area has FIOS, try it. Cable internet is great, much better than DSL. But FIOS fiber optic (the "FIO" in FIOS) is better yet.

You can still dump the phone of course.

0 Likes
Linda20141

I've been having the same problem for the last few days. Very annoying. It happened about 2 months ago and they upgraded my service. Worked for awhile. Not losing again. Your info on FIOS is interesting, Just wasn't sure what it was and how it worked,. Will check into it.  I've seriously been thinking of getting rid of Verizon & going to cable too. Their service does suck.

0 Likes
Razz037
Enthusiast - Level 3

In all the years that I have had DSL, the dropped connection problems never turned out to be the modem - I think I have had 6 or 7 new Westell modems and the problem didn't go away until they conditioned the outside line.every proble I had was because my line gotted bridged or they moved my line to another pair during some line work. 

Verizon has zero plans to add FiOS anywhere near my area.

I am switching to cable at the end of the month.